Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas scarves made on my knitting machine.


I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and a great New Year day! I certainly did and now I'm finally getting around to blogging about my latest completed projects.

The first scarft came out nice. Took in excess of 6 hours to complete. Mostly due to user error. Little problems like the thread breaking, and watching in horror as my stitches slip off the machine into a sac pile at my feet. Anyway, the first scarf is lined. This pattern is nice, but the floats are too long to make the reverse side presentable. I like the idea that it's reversable too. My daughter's fiancee seemed to like it. My machine is a Brother KH940. The yarn is 2 colors of Tamm.

The next scarf I really liked. I made it using a solid navy blue, alternating with a sock yarn in blues and greys giving a nice graduated effect. The knitting pattern had tiny floats in the back that didn't need to be lined. I was glad of this. I was still having user error issues, and this was the result of 3 failures. I whipped this scarf up on Christmas Eve before I had to work. Not bad? I love my knitting machine, it's instant gratification! This is my DD Sarah with her boyfriend. Make a nice looking couple, don't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and let me know what you think! I love comments!