Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I did get my dream machine!

No pics this time. But just an update. I finally did get my dream sewing/embroidery machine. I went with the Husqarna Viking Designer Ruby! Oh, what a dream she is to sew on! I've played around with her a bit. I even finished a nice embroidery with whimsical birds and birdhouses in a tree. I'll post a pic later for sure. But as luck would have it, I've been sick, and haven't felt like doing much of anything except blowing my nose, and staying buried under the blankies. I'm so thankful for the snuggie my DD got me for Christmas. It's just the thing to ward off the chills.

I have some days off coming up., so I'll be enjoying the new machine then. The peice I embroidered will make a nice front to a quilted tote bag for work I think. Addi and Aidan are already begging for me to make them something as well. They love to watch the machine embroider. Aidan says when he gets big, he wants to sew. (Why not?)

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day. DD Amy got me a box of chocolate covered cherries, and DD Sarah came for a short visit. DD Angela called me up to wish me a happy Valentine's. The kids are sick too, so they were pretty quiet all day. Mostly rubbing their noses, saying,"I can't breath, Nana." Never under estimate the power of Vick's Vapor rub. Anyway, that's how I spent my Valentine's. Chocolate covered cherries, and the aroma of Vick's. Did get some good cuddles though. They are very cuddly when they are sick.
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and let me know what you think! I love comments!